Google / Chromebook Presentations
Explore presentations relevant to Google Suites for Education below.
In this hands-on session, participants will explore how they can enhance their Google calendar, share it, and integrate other tools.
Add - Ons
- View Calendars Offline
- Checker Plus: Access calendar while in Chrome browser. "See your next events, get meeting desktop notifications, add or snooze events without opening the Google Calendar page!"
- Google Calendar
- If This Then That (IFTTT.com) - Google Calendar Recipes
- Schedule Reminders Tomorrow for the Emails You Star Today
- Add Today's Weather at 6:00 AM to Your Google Calendar
- Track Work Hours in Google Calendar
- Wish Your Friends a Happy Birthday on Facebook
- Before a Calendar Event Starts, Post Note to Slack
- Get Event Reminders via SMS Before They Start
- Mute Device During Meetings
- Lots more....
Chromebooks are great, and in this session, you'll explore the various features of Chromebooks, learning which to avoid and which to embrace.
Join us to learn how to get the most from Google Drive so that you never lose a file and have everything organized.
In this hands-on session, from grocery stores to classrooms, Google Keep can make reminders, document scanning and more possible! Join us for a fun overview of Google's most useful tool with optical character recognition (OCR)!
Managing and Enhancing Gmail: In this hands-on session, explore how to better manage your Gmail, enhance management with add-ons and tools, as well as explore mobile apps you can use to achieve Inbox Zero!
We'll discuss best practices and experience collaboration and peer feedback activities you can use in your classroom with Google Docs!
Exit slips are one of the easiest ways to obtain information about students' current levels of understanding.
Effective lessons commonly end with an activity in which students reflect on their experience of the lesson (Source: ASCD)
- Exit Ticket Example
- Daily Activity Check In (with branching)
- End of Class Reflection
- Use Flubaroo for Student Quizzes. With the Flubaroo add-on you can grade quizzes quickly and get an analysis on student performance.
Watch this video about using Google Forms for Exit Tickets:
Delivering Peer Feedback with Google Forms
by Alice Keeler
Kaizena makes it easy for teachers to give high quality feedback on student work - simply highlight and speak to give verbal feedback, or attach reusable resources for common problems.
AutoCrat is a multi-purpose document merge tool that allows you to take data from a spreadsheet and merge it into a document via a template. Tell autoCrat which fields to merge via <<merge tags>> and then let autoCrat mass-generate personalized documents. Optionally send the documents as email attahchments. Optionally tell autoCrat to run when new forms are submitted to created truly automated processes.
Watch this video for using AutoCrat add-on to Google Forms:
Another Approach using DocAppender (app):
Appends Google Form question responses to the bottom of selected Google Docs. Use a Google Form to select which Doc(s) to append from a list, multiple-choice, or checkbox Form question -- pre-populated with Doc titles from a folder in Drive.