OneDrive in the Office 365 Classroom
Exploring OneDrive Tools
Make collaborative projects easy with Office Online and OneDrive for Business. Learn how to take advantage of OneDrive, Microsoft's cloud storage, for use in the K-12 classroom, as well as how to create online documents with Office 365. Discover some effective ways to use OneDrive to make resources accessible easily, as well as deliver content over a variety of rooms.
- Learn how students can effectively collaborate with Office Online and OneDrive for Business
This session applies to:
- Grades 1-12
- All subjects/content areas
- Professional Learning Communities
- Teacher Professional Development
Activity #1 - Collaborating with Classmates
Group discussion #1
As a group, answer the following questions:
- Office Online in Office 365/OneDrive has added Doc Chat so students and teachers can chat with their co-editors in real-time:
- How would Office Online help your students collaborate?
- How would Office Online help you and your colleagues collaborate?
Watch the video shown right
Activity #2 - Collaborative Product
- PowerPoint Online has a similar experience as the desktop version. Think about the implications this has for students being able to show their work on tablets or even their phone?
As a team you are going to create a PowerPoint about the city you are in for this training.
- You need to have a slide on the following topics (you can have more if you want):
- History of the city
- Main attractions
- Sports, arts, and/or other cultural events in the city
- One person in the group needs to create the PowerPoint with at least five slides and share it with the other team members.
- Decide on each person's job (i.e., topic) and build your team's presentation.
- When you finish your part of the presentation, go to another person's slide and offer feedback by making a comment on the slide.
- Share your thoughts on the collaborative process of creating the PowerPoint together on Office Online.
- How did this work for you?
Technical Activity #3 - Setting Up OneDrive Sync
The purpose of OneDrive Sync is to work on your Windows 10 device and have files automatically backed up to your OneDrive cloud storage account. OneDrive comes pre-installed on your Windows 10 device and can be used to connect to your personal OneDrive account.
Activity: If you are on a Windows 10 device that you would like to sync your files to, such as a work tablet/computer assigned to you, then proceed with setting up OneDrive Sync.
Technical Activity #4 - Backup/Restore Content From/To OneDrive
Activity: In Your Group, pick one of the solutions that will help you copy/move content from one OneDrive account to another. Try it out.
Explore More MS Learning Opportunities
- Start here with these professional learning opportunities
- After reviewing the offerings, share with your teammates what training you would like to do first and why.